Wednesday, October 14, 2009

love is like an old t shirt

So my husband said to me yesterday that he has been taking me for granted. Because I run the household, the children, and basically everything else in his life, he has been free to concentrate on his career and whatever else his work holds for him. And because he has let me go on autopilot, he has not checked with me how I'm feeling, or what my needs were. So basically that freed up his time and energy to spend with colleagues and work.

Some old magazine article I read before said that a familiar love is like an old t shirt -- it's ratty but you feel absolutely at home in it. Perhaps I'm a bit like that. The analogy is meant to imply that love should be comforting and you shouldn't have to itch and pull, but strangely I feel like the t shirt that you don't even notice.

1 comment:

  1. Well. This sucks. Time to soak the t-shirt in Oxyclean and maybe get out the needle and thread. Perhaps bedazzle it or something? ;)

    ReplyDelete